Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Introducing the Color Blue

Objective: To learn color blue with the help of a puppet monologue
Teaching Aid:Paper bag puppet of Miss Blue, Blue balloon, Blue cup or any Blue Toy

Method:Greet the class and do warm up activity. Today there is some special guest who wants to meet all of you. Who do you think that someone could be? Guess? Build curiosity among the class.
Shall I call that special someone?
Show the class, Miss Blue – Paper Bag Puppet
Paper bag puppet

Miss Blue will be speaking to the class. The teacher needs to wear the paper bag puppet in hand and speak in funny voice with movement.
Monologue:
Hello Friends. How are you? I am Miss Blue.
I have Blue eyes and a Blue nose.
Isn’t that cool?
I have Blue hair. Look! Look!
What colour is your hair?
It isn’t Blue, right.
I love Blue.

I have Blue hands and Blue lips.
I wear Blue hat and I wear Blue necklace too.
Here is my Blue cup. See!!!
I drink milk everyday in my favorite Blue cup.
Lesson plan for colors

Blue is my favorite colour.
What did I bring for you in the class?
Blue balloons!! Surprise!!
I love Blue balloons.

Hey, come on shall we sing a song?
I want all of you to join me.

My Blue Balloon, My Blue Balloon
Fly high so high, so high
I jumped up high
Tried to fly
But can’t oh tell me why??
Lesson plan for colors

Come sing with me.
My Blue Balloon, My Blue Balloon
Fly high so high, so high
I jumped up high
Tried to fly
But can’t oh tell me why??

That was wonderful.
Now I will take your leave. Nice to meet all of you. Bye.

Teacher then asks if they enjoyed meeting Miss Blue.
Then, discuss general questions, what Blue objects they see in the surrounding. For instance, Blue cars on the road, the color of the sky is Blue, the water in the ocean appears Blue, any toy that is blue in color, classroom objects, etc.

Recap: The teacher can ask questions about Miss Blue.
What was the colour of the hat? What was the colour of her hair? What colour was her favorite cup?

Click here to check lesson plan for process art.

Activity Time: Hand Painting to make peacock
Things required: Blue water or poster color, plate, sketch pen, googly eyes.
Hand painting
Method: Hand painting impression to make peacock. Instruct the kids how to do the hand painting.
Simply mix Blue colour with small amount of water enough to take a palm impression. This needs to be mixed in a plate where the kids can place their hands. Now first place your hands in the plate and take the impression on the paper. similarly, help the kids to take the impression one by one.

Once the impression is taken, you can choose to draw legs and feather with sketch pen. You can also use a googly eye to make the eyes of the peacock or maybe you can simply make on using the sketch pen. Hand painting peacock is now ready.

Click here to check lesson plan for process art.

If you like my blog, please share, like and comment. I would love to hear from you. Do share your feedback in the below comment box


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]